Welcome to Colonel Gray High School!
March and April is when we are planning for September of the next school year!
2023-2024 Registration Information:
- 2023-2024 Colonel Gray Course Handbook
- 2023-2024 Presentation to Grade 9s preparing for Grade 10.
- 2023-2024 Student Working Copies: Grade 10 and Grade 11&12 (Links will be added soon!)
- 2023-2024 Presentation to Grade 10 and 11 Homerooms (Mar 21st)
- 2023-2024 Incoming Grade 10s Parent Presentation (From meeting held March 15th evening)
- Explore our IB webpage: International Baccalaureate Program (IB) (This programme is by application.)
Grade 9 classes in our feeder schools have had presentations and their homeroom teachers are assisting with course selection using MyBlueprint. Submission deadline is March 31st. New to Grade 10 students will have a complete orientation to the building in September on their first day of school.
If a Grade 9 student does not attend one of our 3 feeder schools in the PSB or a student is not yet in our zone, but may be moving to our zone for September, contact our main office and send in the PSB registration form below and a selection of 8 courses + 2 alternate courses to email@example.com
Current Grade 10 and 11 students had a pre-registration session in Block A, March 21st. Homeroom teachers are the point of contact for students to help them plan before selecting courses on MyBlueprint. MyBlueprint will be closed to course selection submission Thursday April 6th. If you have not registered with our school on MyBlueprint, please see the instructions described here to sign up for an account.
Parents of current Grade 10 and 11 students can register to attend a meeting Wednesday, April 5th at 7pm for more information about high school course selection process here. Confirmaton of the meeting and its location will be emailed to participants and posted on this page.
All students are invited to please explore Flexible Learning Opportunities and follow appropriate steps to have these credits added to your transcript:
- External Credits – application form – students must complete pages 1 before starting the credit and page 2 when the credit has been completed. Click for: External Credit Course Descriptions
- Independent Study Curriculum Information and Application Form:
- Curriculum Guide for ISC521A & ISC621A
- Application Form for ISC521A & ISC621A
- Information on Dual Credits in Business for Holland College/UPEI
Registration process during the school year: Check this website link to determine your appropriate school. If Colonel Gray is your school, follow these steps to register for classes:
(1) If you are new to PEI and if you were not born in Canada, you must contact the EAL Reception Centre at (902) 620-3738 before coming to or calling us at the school. The EAL Reception Centre will do the initial registration and contact us to set up and confirm a registration time.
(2) If you have moved from a different province or school in PEI to our zone, please contact your former school to have them send your files to Colonel Gray and contact us by email as soon as possible. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note: If mid-term reporting has occurred, students wishing to register in classes, will select courses and may audit or not attend school until the following semester.
Please take special note of the fact that schedules and courses offered are decided based upon the selections students make during the registration process in the Spring.
When attending a registration meeting, please bring with you:
- The completed PSB registration form.
- A selection of desired courses (complete the working copy below and read carefully page 4 of the Colonel Gray Course Selection Handbook to understand graduation requirements. (Please explore this document ahead of your registration appointment to have a better understanding of what courses we offer at Colonel Gray.)
- Proof of residency / address.
A reminder for registration of International Students:
- EAL/FAL Reception Centre – If your child was born in a country other than Canada, and/or you speak a language other than English or French at home, you will need to contact the EAL/FAL Reception Centre (902) 620-3738 before your child registers at a Prince Edward Island public school.
- The EAL/FAL Reception Centre will then arrange a registration meeting with the appropriate school.
- Students late in the semester will be auditing courses only.
- Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI - IRSA – Please click on the link for excellent resources and support for students new to Prince Edward Island.