Welcome to Colonel Gray High School!
The registration process for all Colonel Gray students was completed in April and May 2022. If you are new to our school zone (Please ensure you check this website link to determine your appropriate school); if Colonel Gray is your school, follow these steps to register for classes in September 2022:
(1) If you are new to PEI and if you were not born in Canada, you must contact the EAL Reception Centre at (902) 620-3738 before coming to or calling us at the school. The EAL Reception Centre will do the initial registration and contact us to set up and confirm a registration time. counsellors present in the cafeteria to walk you through the process.(ato
(2) If you have moved from a different province or school in PEI to our zone, please contact your former school to have them send your files to Colonel Gray and contact us by email by Sept. 6th or as soon as possible. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)
Schedules and courses offered are decided based upon the selections students have made in the spring. All student course selections need to be taken seriously.
Under special circumstances course change requests may be considered during the first two days of classes in September, however they are not guaranteed. Much work goes into creating the master timetable based upon student choices and therefore great care and commitment is expected. Please note: Students will receive information and direction about this process at the beginning of the semester from homeroom teachers. Please do not contact the office for changes as students will be provided a GoogleForm for these requests. See the handbook below for course descriptions and all 'flexible learning' opportunities including applying for 'external credits'.
When attending a registration meeting please bring with you:
- The completed PSB registration form (click link to download and prepare)
- A selection of desired courses (complete the working copy below and read carefully page 4 of the Colonel Gray Course Selection Handbook to understand graduation requirements. (Please explore this document ahead of your registration appointment to have a better understanding of what courses we offer at Colonel Gray.)
- Proof of residency / address.
2022-2023 Course Information:
- Colonel Gray Course Handbook
- Incoming Grade 10 "Working Copy" of Registration Form
- Grade 10 Cheat Sheet to help with Registration Steps
- Incoming Grade 10s Presentation This will be helpful for any new to our school student.
- International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
Flexible Learning Opportunities:
- External Credits – application form – students must complete pages 1 before starting the credit and page 2 when the credit has been completed. Click for: External Credit Course Descriptions
- Independent Study Curriculum Information and Application Form:
- Information on Dual Credits in Business for Holland College/UPEI (PDF)
A reminder for registration of International Students:
- EAL/FAL Reception Centre – If your child was born in a country other than Canada, and/or you speak a language other than English or French at home, you will need to contact the EAL/FAL Reception Centre (902) 620-3738 before your child registers at a Prince Edward Island public school.
- The EAL/FAL Reception Centre will then arrange a registration meeting with the appropriate school.
- Note: Classes begin in September 7th for Grade 10 students only and Sept. 8th for everyone.
- Students arriving past the date of our mid-semester reporting period in mid-November will be auditing courses only and able to earn credit starting in February 2023.
- Immigrant & Refugee Services Association PEI - IRSA – Please click on the link for IRSA for excellent resources and support for students new to Prince Edward Island.